MTS would like to announce and congratulate Mark Brogger, MTS Senior Engineer, for his achievement in receiving the API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspector Certification effective on February 28, 2017.
The API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspection Code is written and published by the American Petroleum Institute and establishes standards for the inspection, repair, alteration and rerating of pressure vessels and their pressure relieving devices. API formally reviews, tests and authorizes API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspectors. Each such individual must demonstrate extensive knowledge of pressure vessel maintenance, inspection, repair, alteration and rerating.
The API 510 Certification Examination covers the associated details of the following:
API Standards/Recommended Practices:
- API 510, Pressure Vessel Inspection Code: In-service Inspection, Rating, Repair and Alteration
- API RP 571, Damage Mechanisms Affecting Equipment in Refining Industry
- API RP 572, Inspection of Pressure Vessels
- API RP 576, Inspection of Pressure-Relieving Devices
- API RP 577, Welding Inspection and Metallurgy
ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code:
- Section V, Nondestructive Examination
- Section VIII, Division 1, Rules for Constructing Pressure Vessels
- Section IX, Welding and Brazing Qualifications
Mark recently joined MTS and has many years of Oil & Gas engineering, technical, and inspection experience both onshore and offshore, including production, gathering, processing, refining, transportation, transmission, terminals and distribution in the areas of engineering, technical services, projects, construction, quality assurance (QA), inspection (QC), operations and maintenance. He is a recognized Subject Matter Expert (SME) and has served as a Technical Authority (TA), while having held positions with a number of organizations and companies from municipalities to Majors and Super Majors. His recent areas of concentration have centered on Corrosion, Integrity and Reliability. Mark is a Registered Professional Engineer in Texas and New Mexico and possesses a large number of supporting certifications. Some of his certifications are:
- NACE Cathodic Protection Specialist
- NACE Certified Coating Inspector – Level 3 (with Bridge & Marine)
- NACE Protective Coating Technician
- NACE Internal Corrosion Technologist
- NACE OCAT Technician
- American Welding Society Certified Welding Inspector (AWS CWI)
We are glad to have Mark as a member of our team.